- 19, 20, 21 et 22 juin 2023
AboutDownload the flyer
Based on the Data Excellence Model developed by the Competence Center Corporate Data Quality (CC CDQ) headed by Prof. Christine Legner (HEC Lausanne – UNIL), we will discuss the concept of data assets as well as approaches to measure data quality and value. Data assets will range from traditional enterprise data to new data sources (IoT, social media, …). We will analyze data governance models and how they can be adapted to different organizational settings. The roles of Data scientists, data engineers, data managers and data citizens will be defined as well as their interconnection.
Standards, methods and processes for managing data life-cycle and data value chains will be at the heart of the discussions. Finally, the required mindset-shift in data-driven enterprises towards a data sharing culture will be presented.
- Identify the data assets of a company and critically assess methodologies to measure its quality and value.
- Define the roles and responsabilities, interconnections and processes for data in the organization.
- Discuss and reflect on approaches for achieving the mindset shift around data in Data-Driven Enterprises.
- (Future) Chief Data Officers (CDOs), senior managers and executives who are launching data initiatives.
- Business intelligence (BI) and data managers, data engineers and data architects who want to manage successful data-driven transformation.
- Data champions and executives in business lines (HR, Marketing, Operations, …) who want to become more data and analytics-savvy.
this short program Managing data as an asset was built for professionals seeking to learn about fondamental concepts and then practice them trough practical exercices.
There is a strong emphasis on practical application supported by relevant models and theories, with the use of exercises and break-out groups, industry examples and guest speakers.
This approach will allow the participants to deploy the concepts presented during the course as well as forging a strong analytical mindset to tackle future challenges they might face on.
We offer quality programs accessible to all professionals who have decided to develop new skills.Participation
This short program requires your presence and participation.study rules
Payment termsPrice: 5 000 CHF
All expenses related to continuing education are, except in exceptional cases, tax deductible.Discount (10%): -500 CHF
A discount is offered to contributing members of Alumni HEC or Alumni EPFL.